20 Things Only A Bismarck Native Will Relate To
Anyone who grew up in Bismarck, North Dakota will agree that it is a great place to spend your childhood. There are some things unique to the area that only a true Bismarck native will relate to.
You know you're from Bismarck if...
- You know exactly what to order at Big Boy.
- You believed Bismarck High School had a 4th floor swimming pool.
- You grew up a UND or NDSU fan, rarely both.
- You remember when Kirkwood Mall had a McDonald's which basically made up the food court.
- Fargo was a vacation destination.
- You had your senior or family photos taken at the Heritage Center.
- You attended football games at the Community Bowl.
- You believe Fort Lincoln is haunted.
- You've taken a photo in the giant chair at the Pumpkin Patch.
- Your car has been stuck at The Desert.
- You can thread your boat through the sand bars at the river.
- You never hesitate to warm your car with the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked.
- You remember how awesome it felt to pass the swim test so you could go in the deep end of the Wave Pool.
- You drive through Christmas in the Park every year with hot chocolate.
- You remember Clyde the Kodiak Bear at the Dakota Zoo.
- You've taken a picture with Scratch at a Bobcats Hockey game.
- You've been stuck on the lift at Huff Hills.
- You consider deer opener a holiday.
- You are convinced your driving skills are superior to others (especially in the winter).
- You are a regular at Mo's Snow Shack in the summer.
Have more to add to the list? Let us know!