Bismarck-Mandan Prepares for Small Business Saturday
Local businesses are hosting their own Black Friday with Small Business Saturday the day after the famed, and often dreaded, shopping day. Participating businesses in Bismarck and Mandan will have specials on Nov. 30.
Downtowners Bismarck encourages those in the area to ‘think local’ this year while doing holiday shopping. Downtown Bismarck has flourished over the past few years with new businesses and Small Business Saturday is a great way to show support. After a day full of shopping, everyone is encouraged to enjoy the locally owned eateries in the area.
Some of the businesses offering specials in Bismarck are:
- Lot 2029: $7 slippers, select scarves and leggings along with specials on t-shirts, earrings and legwarmers
- Hey Ocean: half-off winter apparel, $5 stocking stuffers and large shoe sales
- Tricia's Bakery: 20% off Christmas packages, $2.50 ID tags for pets and free samples of hot drink mixes, sweets and dips
Mandan plans to start Small Business Saturday with a bang as special guests, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, parade down Main Street. The Harvest Grill will host the two afterward where children are able to visit from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Other free activities include wagon rides and caroling. The small businesses of Mandan plan on extending specials through Dec. 24 so everyone has the chance to enjoy the great deals.
Some specials to start your holiday shopping in Mandan are:
- Aid Thrift Store: 50% off store wide Mondays from 5-7 p.m. and Thursdays 9 a.m.-7p.m.
- Central Market: $5 off every $50 purchase
- Raging Rivers Water Park: 25% off on season passes