How To Handle Getting Stood Up
Getting stood up is probably one of the most hurtful and humiliating aspects of dating. TheFrisky.com came up with a list of the five stages you need to go through if you're stood up ...
1. Acceptance. Don't make excuses for him -- he stood you up, plain and simple. Accept it so you can move on.
2. Embarrassment. You've accepted it -- now you have to deal with the humiliation. It's not easy, but you have to embrace the embarrassment so you can let it go.
3. Anger. Sure you're upset, but lashing out at him won't change a thing -- and will probably make you feel worse. Take a kickboxing class, go for a run -- deal with the anger without being destructive.
4. Moving On. What is it they say about men being like buses? One jerk stood you up -- forget about him and get on the next one.
5. Why Me? It's human nature to want to analyze why this happened to you. But, really, who cares? The important thing to realize is that you're lucky to be a rid of a guy who would do something like that. And now you know how it feels and would never do that to someone.