Kevin Hart will not host the next Academy Awards Show as previously announced. The comedian has withdrawn following a flap over some "insensitive" remarks made online a few years ago.

Mr. Hart refused to apologize for "homophobic" tweets posted nearly a decade ago. He had deleted the said tweets following the Tuesday announcement that he would host the Oscar show.

The Wrap reports he Instagrammed a message to his followers Thursday, saying the Academy gave him an ultimatum to apologize or consider himself disinvited.

He told his 66 million social media followers he's a different man and grown since tweeting the "homophobic" slurs in the early part of the decade.

"I passed. I passed on the apology. I'm not gonna continue to go back and tap into the days of old when I've moved on.

"I'm in a completely different space in my life."