Got some more "Intelligence For Your Life" courtesy of your "Early Morning Radio Pal...."   This is a good one about 'Overeating On The Job.'   See if you could use a little help!!

GettyImagesIanGavan


At work (yes, even at my radio station--COOL 98.7), we are often tempted with birthday cakes, party leftovers, doughnuts/maple bars at meetings, pizza celebrations, and the list goes on.  For someone trying to make healthy choices, what can you do?  Here are a few tips that I find helpful:

1.    Take Control

When planning staff meetings, order healthy choices (such as Subway sandwiches instead of pizza and a fruit platter instead of doughnuts). 

Instead of relying on unhealthy snacks from the vending machines or chocolate from a candy bowl when hunger pangs strike, be prepared and bring in your own healthy snacks to stash in your desk such as fruit, nuts, protein shakes, granola bars, etc. 

Instead of candy, keep a bowl of fruit on your desk to share with coworkers; perhaps you will inspire others to make healthy choices too!

 

2.  Resist Food Pushers

When making healthy choices, you may run into resistance from people who tempt you with food you don’t want.  Don’t engage them or make excuses; simply say, “No, thank you.”  If you used to share pizza lunches with a coworker, suggest that you try a new, healthier restaurant, bring your own lunches, or go for a walk during your lunch break instead. 

 

3.  Be Flexible

The biggest challenge of healthy eating is an all-or-nothing attitude.  Don’t fall into it; rather, know that moderation is key, as in everything in life.
To put it into perspective: You have 21 meals to eat each week; adding a few of your favorite treats such as one maple bar or a slice of birthday cake are not going to ruin your healthy eating plan.  Follow the 80/20 rule; eat healthy 80% of the time, and splurge a bit the other 20% and you will achieve a healthy balance.

Source:  Monster.com