Random Acts Of Kindness….Really COOL Stuff
At church a couple of weeks ago I had someone buy me my favorite coffee beverage--it's a mocha made with chocolate milk. (we have a coffee bar at New Song Church) I was so impressed that he paid for my beverage, the following week I did the same thing for someone and surprised them. The look on their face made it all worthwhile. It's what it termed nowadays---a random act of kindness!! I have some other COOL things that you can do for other, that will really make their day---why not try some of these on someone right here in Bismarck/Mandan and it'll make you feel amazingly good.
It’s sooo amazing how one small, thoughtful gesture can make someone else's day. It will make you feel pretty amazing yourself. You can inspire others to pay it forward and continue the circle of kindness. Here are a few ideas:
1. Say "Good morning" to a person standing next to you in the elevator or someone you meet in a hallway.
2. Write a letter to a child who could use some extra attention. Kids love getting mail.
3. Offer to pick up groceries or run errands for an elderly or sick neighbor, especially during our extreme North Dakota weather.
4. Hold the door open for those behind you with a smile.
5. When in a drive thru line, pay for the meal/coffee for the person behind you.
6. Send flowers along with an encouraging note to a friend who needs it.
7. Write a note or speak to the boss of someone who helps you, and explain how great of a job that person is doing.
8. When someone in traffic is waiting to merge, but the kind person who lets them in. One additional car in front of you isn't going to make you arrive any earlier or later than you already would have.
9. Whenever you see someone wearing a nice outfit or jewelry, give her/him a compliment. It can really light up someone's day when they are feeling down.
10. Say "please" and "thank you"—and really mean it.