Steps To Help You Reach Your Goals
Everybody loves to be successful and I found a great quote and some good ideas to lend a hand---a little "Intel" from Your Early Morning Radio Pal....
“Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
When it comes to pursuing your goals, sometimes the work and effort can be overwhelming. Here are a few tips to help you keep focused on your goals:
1) Write Them Down/Tell Friends: If you write out your goals or tell your friends/family members about them, you will be more likely to reach them. Other people can help keep you accountable, and writing down your goals keeps you accountable to yourself. For a bigger goal, like getting a big promotion or achieving a degree, jot down the steps you can take to get there. By laying out a path to follow, you’ll stay on track.
2) Be positive. Keep your goals stated in a positive tone; this will help encourage you rather than making you feel disappointed. Having a goal such as “Eat more fruits and vegetables for the next two months” is better than “Don’t eat junk food ever again.”
3) Include time frames. Try including times and dates in your goals to help you stay focused. Consider setting up a date when you’ll talk to your boss about a raise. If you’re self-employed, think about earning 10K more next year. Then decide what steps you can take to make that happen.
4) Start small. If you set small goals, they’ll be easier to reach. And when you cross off each accomplishment, you’ll feel a growing sense of power. Use that drive to continue on toward your top goal.
5) Check in. Check your progress periodically, and evaluate how far you’ve come. Knowing what you have achieved and what you are capable of will help you keep trekking down the path for success.
6) Reward yourself. Did you follow your plan? Treat yourself to a massage, take a friend out to dinner, buy a new outfit, or splurge a bit on your next trip to the mall. Take the time to look back at how far you’ve come. Then focus on the future and reaching the next level.