Totally Crazy From Australia…..
As a kid one of my joys on my birthday was getting to at least try---blowing out the candle on my birthday cake. If you're a kid in the land "down under," you can kiss that pleasure goodbye!!
The Australian government has just released new health guidelines that say kids can no longer blow out candles on cakes at school – because it spreads too many germs.
As could be expected, many parents are angry, saying the new rules take all the fun out of being a kid.
One mom complained by saying, "Kids have been playing in sand pits for years. Kids have been playing in dirt for years. Kids have also been sharing toys for years. These so-called experts won't be happy until kids are kept in a sterile environment."