Benefit For Couple Who Lost Their Home Near Wilton!
Lee Larson and his fiancé Jen lost their home and all their possessions except for the clothes on their back and their two vehicles to a fire on Thursday, February 11th. Lee and Jen lived on a rural family farm near the city of Wilton, North Dakota.
Lee's Dad, Dean was working on frozen water pipes when the fire broke out. Luckily, Dean was able to get out safely and even saved the family dog as the house became engulfed in flames. He had to bust down the door to do so. The family cat however did not come out of the house. After the fire department extinguished the flames, somehow the cat came running out of the smoldering rubble. The frightened cat took off like a bat out of hell,(literally must of felt like that for the animal) soaking wet, full of soot, in 20 below weather. Not long after the commotion, the family found the their pet dog laying on the gravel. Their pet Husky was laying on their pet cat who had just literally gone through hell, and was frozen to the ground. The dog was trying to save the cat with his body heat. He succeeded and both animals lived. A terrible tragedy, but luckily no one was injured and their animals were saved.
Friends and family have organized a benefit for the Lee and his fiancé Jen on Saturday, March 20th from 4 pm to 7 pm at the Bismarck AMVETS Club. The AMVETS Club is located at 2402 Railroad Avenue in Bismarck. There will be a FREE WILL offering for the family, a spaghetti supper, silent auction & a bake sale. Donations can also be mailed to Farmers Security Bank/Lee Larson benefit, 710 Main Avenue, Washburn, North Dakota 58577.