Why are North Dakotans so Obsessed with Ranch Dressing?
Thrillist recently published a story on why America is so obsessed with Ranch Dressing.
Before I moved to Bismarck, ranch dressing, from what I knew, was just that. A dressing people put on salad. Once I moved to Bismarck, I realized ranch dressing is more than a salad dressing. People put ranch on everything.
With this in mind, I used Facebook to ask you what you used ranch dressing for. These are some of the comments I received:
- Sherrie Steinke Pretty much everything! A few examples: baked potato, dip fries/onion rings in ranch, dressing for my salad, dip my veggies in ranch, chicken, cheese sticks, etc.
- Trisha Janko Chicken, pork chops, fries, baked potatoes, cauliflower, broccolli, carrots, pizza, cheese sticks, poppers. Do i need to go on? Lol. Ranch is the go to sauce
- Marissa Ensz Potatoes, pizza, pizza rolls, sandwiches, all chicken, fries, burritos, cheeseburgers, honestly I put it on EVERYTHING!
- Ashley Bercier The question should be "What do you NOT put ranch on?" ;)Ranch is a must have in this household!
- Jordan Ziegler Hashbrowns, chicken nuggets, tomatoes, cucumbers, fries, mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, hamburgers
- Jennifer Repnow Popcorn
- Angi Brown Pizza, mozzarella sticks, taco bites, jalapeno poppers
- Kari Nehls Sweet potato fries
- Kristi Ouhl Devitt Pretzels. I add dip,powder to cottage cheese, and my daughter loves ranch on her sandwich rather than miraklewhip
- Sammy Ladee Ranch mashed potatoes....yummy my son loves them and us good....and everything else...
So, I guess the question should be, what do you NOT use ranch dressing on?
Dip away, enjoy your ranch dressing with everything!