The Bismarck Fire Marshall is issuing a warning, "do not leave your stove unattended while cooking", as reported by the Bismarck Tribune. The Bismarck Fire Department responded to two reports of kitchen fires Wednesday.

The first call on Wednesday morning (3/28) came in from the 400 block of South Washington, and the culprit was a pizza box left in the oven while the heat of the oven was on. The call came in around 6:30.

The second oven fire this morning was in the 2100 block of Xavier Street. The renter was storing items in the oven such as ice trays and cookware, and turned the heat on, forgetting the items where in the oven. The second call came in about 11, and was contained to the oven.

The oven is not a place to store items, and certainly, not a place to warm up pizza while still in the box. The Fire Marshall is reminding residents to use care while using the oven.



More From Cool 98.7 FM