Bismarck-Mandan: How to Tip People
Here's a guide on what can acceptable and unacceptable as far as tipping.
While visiting bar's and restaurants in my time as a new guy here, there are some observations I've noticed from some of the places. Apparently not many people tip 20% on their bar tab to the point that it's not even expected.
I also normally don't tip when I go to a Diner to do take out or if I go to Dickeys to do take out but I actually get dirty looks from the servers expecting a tip. So I wonder what is the proper tip etiquette in Bismarck-Mandan? The list below is a rule of thumb I use when determining how much gratuity to leave and hopefully is on par with This town.
- Bartender = 20% standard 30% if he/she buys you back / 50% if She's attractive and you're trying to hook it up
- Delivery Guy/Girl= 15% if they deliver 20% if they are on time, a knuckle sandwich if they cop an attitude.
- Card dealer= A chip if you're on a 5 hand roll, 2 chips if you hit a monster hand
- Barber= 20% if the hot towel you got has no nicks in your neck . 10% if there's one nick. Lawsuit if your spurting blood.
- Waiter= 20% if he/she is on it , 30% if He/She is really on point , 5% if you're on the pay no mind list.
Hopfeully that was helpful! Here are some more ideas from real simple .com