Trump ‘Hasn’t Received One Call’ About the Dakota Access Pipeline
Donald Trump early into his Presidency issued an Executive Order to continue construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
Obviously the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe oppose the pipeline as do many other people concerned about potential damage to the environment.
However Donald Trump says he has not received one call complaining about the pipeline.
— ABC News (@ABC) February 8, 2017
Trump does allude to the fact that many public meetings were held prior to the construction's approval and nobody showed up to them. This is consistent with what the Army Corp of Engineers said previously in a 1,200 page document.
The Army Corp Of Engineers officially granted an easement for continuation of the Dakota Access Pipeline on Tuesday night.
The Standing Rock Sioux plan to continue to fight the pipeline's construction in court.