Be Careful: 6 Crazy Laws In North Dakota You Might Be Breaking
Be Careful: You could be doing hard time in North Dakota for doing the following.
When it comes to crazy laws, North Dakota certainly has its fair share. Even though these laws aren’t necessarily heavily enforced today, at some point they made it into the state law books.
It makes you curious about what exactly happened that they had to make laws about some of these things. We may never know that, and we’ll definitely never know why these crazy laws still exist, but here goes.
6 Crazy Laws In North Dakota You Might Be Breaking:
1. Charitable groups are allowed to hold stud poker games to raise money, but ONLY twice a year. (Seems reasonable!)
2. It is illegal to keep an elk in a sandbox in your own backyard. (How about pet ducks in a sandbox?)
3. It is prohibited for bars or restaurants to serve both beer and pretzels at the same time. (Perhaps the dumbest law of them all!)
4. It is illegal to swim naked in the Red River from 8 AM to 8 PM. (I grew up in Grand Forks and you would NEVER want to swim in the Red River, let alone naked)
5. No one is allowed to wear a hat while dancing or at any event where a dance is happening. (Do baseball caps count?)
6. It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on. (As somebody who has a hard time falling asleep in the first place, I believe this should be enforced. Perhaps with prison time!)