Got A Speeding Ticket In BisMan? No Sweat ( How To Beat It )
So there you are, jamming down the road in your car and singing along to your favorite tune on the radio, you're in a terrific mood...
...right up until you see the lights behind you. Uh oh. A million thoughts go through your mind as the police officer walks over to your window, one in particular - "Was I driving too fast?" As it turns out your first guess is right on the money.
First and foremost, do what you can to make the police officer as comfortable as possible
By that I mean, put both of your hands on the steering wheel - the "10 and 2" position - let the officer see your hands, and whatever you do, DON"T be defiant - those that wish to challenge WHY they were pulled over, can do that in court. If you show respect, 99.9% of the time you will have it returned back to you right away. It is not rare that an officer will give you a warning, and you'll be on your way.
What can you do though if you are given a ticket?
There are some things YOU can do to fight a speeding ticket - first of all, as I said before, BE RESPECTFUL. According to driving-tests.org "...the following basic instructions will give you an understanding of what you need to do after being issued a traffic citation..."
1) Remain calm and respectful
2) Sign the paper copy of the ticket
3) Check your contact information on your ticket copy
4) Make sure you know how to handle the citation
5) Read the instructions on how to pay your speeding ticket
6) Attend defensive driving school instead of paying the fine
7) Know your options if a defensive driving school is not possible
8) Notify your auto insurance company
9) Do not show up unprepared
10) How to fight a speeding
So research this yourself and be ready to fight your ticket, and maybe win! Oh, and saying a quick prayer wouldn't hurt :)
25 richest families in America
Gallery Credit: Taylor Johnson