North Dakota Military Police Unit Alerted, Possible Mobilization
According to a press release issued by the North Dakota National Guard, the Fargo-based, 191st Military Police Company Military Police have been alerted for possible deployment.
What we know:
If mobilized, approximately 155 soldiers would deploy late summer of next year (2022). The duration of the deployment is estimated to be one year. This would be the third deployment for the 191st Military Police Company, as they have previously served at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and Iraq.
Taking the political climate and other world news into consideration:
At this time, there is no indication that this has anything to do what the happenings between Russia and Ukraine.
In a phone conversation with Bill Prokopyk, the Public Affairs Officer for the North Dakota National Guard, he said, if deployed, they would be sent to the Middle East.
These troops would deploy to CENTCOM (The US Central Area of Command). Its Area of Operation (AOR) includes the Middle East and Central Asia.
There are eleven "Unified Combatant Commands":
- US Africa Command (USAFRICOM)
- US Central Command (USCENTCOM)
- US European Command (USEUCOM)
- US Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM)
- US Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)
- US Southern Command (USSOUTHCOM)
- US Space Command (USSPACECOM)
- US Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM)
- US Special Operations Command (USSOCCOM)
- US Strategic Command (USTRATCOM)
- US Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM)
These combatant commands indicate the different areas of the world/sectors where the United States Military employ forces and/or have special interest.
10 Least Expensive North Dakota Cities To Live In