Bismarck, Time To Kick That Couch To The Curb!
Out walking my dog today, I've already seen the first wave- hiding and waiting. Bismarck, beginning this weekend you can drag an incredible amount of your stuff out to the curb (or the alley) and on your regular garbage day- Bismarck sanitation will come grab it it from you.
That is...if I don't get there first. I see you infant-swing down the block! Three legged chair! Rusted patio glider!
But here's the rub...you're not allowed to collect from the curb because it's against the law!
COME ON DUDE IT WAS A SECTIONAL!
My Spring Clean Up Week story goes as follows...
I got second hand, a two ton front loading washing machine from my neighbor, and by the time I got it in my basement- it died a horrible clunky death. Sitting right next to the 40 year old barely working Kenmore washer that it was there to replace. Kenmore as a brand, killed themselves by making machines that outlasted a generation.
So now I had missed Clean Up Day because it's 5 PM on my day...rats!
But, my girl Brenda spots a pickup and trailer slowly rolling down our street. They're hauling a couple of broke down appliances and trolling the neighborhood. On Brenda's suggestion, I flag them down. After I explain it ain't a junk bust, I tell them I have a two ton scrapper in the basement if they want it.
Father and son hauled it out of my basement and went happily on their way.
Nothing to report here officer.
But don't count on dumb luck get your stuff out on the curb! Just remember to follow these simple rules...
Bismarck residents that pay a City of Bismarck Water Utility bill will have Spring Clean-Up week April 19-22, 2021.
City of Bismarck Collection Information:
- Garbage and items for special pick-up will be collected on the regular scheduled garbage day.
- Place items for special pick-up on the boulevard for collection by 6:00 a.m. (Items can be set out the night before the scheduled garbage day).
- A separate truck will pick up the special items set out for collection.
- All loose materials must be boxed or bagged.
- It is illegal to remove any refuse set out for collection.
- Wood items and tree branches must be cut in 4-foot lengths and tied in bundles.
- No hazardous waste or liquids accepted on the route. Take items to the Household Hazardous Waste Center during hours of operation.
Apartment Complexes: Place items for special pickup on the boulevard for collection.
- Crews will pick up furniture items and tires.
- Crews will not pick up appliances or carpet from apartment complexes. Items may be taken to the landfill. Landfill charges will apply.
Residential & Alley Collection: Place items for special pickup on the boulevard. Crews will pick up appliances, carpet, furniture items, and tires.
During the week of April 19-24, 2021: Bismarck residents who display their recent 2021 City of Bismarck water utility bill will have Free Disposal at the landfill.
Landfill Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday: 8am – 4pm
Closed Sundays & Designated Holidays
HHW & Electronic Center Hours of Operation
9am – 2pm on Tuesday & Thursday of each week
9am – 2pm on 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month